The lettuce edges on this top seemed like they went on forever! But, I think it was worth the extra effort. The fabric on this one is a rayon/lycra jersey that had been waiting for just the right project.
To make the ruffles along the front, I split the pattern piece and cut the front in 6 panels. Then, I lettuced the edges of each panel, and stitched them wrong-sides-together. The neck and are trimmed with a lettuce edged binding, and the hem is done with – you guessed it – more lettuce edging.
My confession: I didn’t count on the ruffles being turned backwards in the end, and out of habit sewed the pieces with right sides together. So, I ended up with the jersey inside out. Now you know.