I had the linen in my pile all along, but wasn’t sure what to do with it. I didn’t want a plain-old skirt, as I already have on I made out of khaki poplin a couple years ago. As I was thinking about how to jazz up my linen, my eye fell on the little bits of bias trim left over from the other sewing I’d done for SWAP, and I knew I had the answer. I took a simple a-line skirt silhouette, and added pockets trimmed with bias. The waistband casing contains elastic and a gingham ribbon as a drawstring. The patchwork style bias trim along the hem adds a bit of color and ties in with many of the tops I made for SWAP without overdoing the matchy-matchy bit.