The pattern for these pants came mostly from the latest Ottobre Woman magazine. When I made my SWAP sketch, I noted that I would use pattern #13, it was only when I went to trace my pattern that I realized this particular pattern was in a larger size range than I needed. So, I switched gears and traced most of pattern #12 and changed the details to be more like #13.
I used green gingham as the waistband facings, and green thread for all the topstitching. These are made of a stretch bamboo poplin fabric from JoAnn’s, part of their short-lived eco-friendly fabric line. I’m not too happy with how much this fabric wrinkled as I sewed with it, and it’s a tad lightweight. I almost thought my gingham pocket facings were going to show through the fronts of the pants.